Enter the challenge
Entries are now closed. If you would like to enter 2019 challenge, then register your interest here.
Now in our fourth year, we have made it our mission to hunt down the world’s best steak producers and reward perfection in steak.
The categories for this year’s World Steak Challenge are World’s Best Sirloin, World’s Best Rib Eye and World’s Best Fillet. There are also awards for the Best Grain-fed and Best Grass-fed steaks as well as the overall winner.
Who can enter
This challenge is open to all steak producing and processing companies whether trading nationally or internationally such as:
- Beef Producers
- Cattle farmers and ranchers
- Beef processors
- Steak brands
- Beef wholesalers
The World Steak Challenge enables steak producers and suppliers to test the quality of their steak production against all international competitors. It will also provide an opportunity for entrants to engage with consumers to celebrate the joy and benefits of eating steak as part of a healthy balanced diet and highlight the quality and standards of steak production around the globe.
Entering is easy, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
Step 1. Insert your contact information. If you have three or more entries you will receive a 10% discount per steak. Ensure to select invoice to get your discount
Step 2. Select the number of steaks and the category you wish to enter them in; Sirloin, Ribeye or Fillet. If your entry is provided by a supplier/wholesaler, details of the producer will also be required.
Step 3. Pay for your entries
Step 4. Further Information about the animal is required in this step. Ensure you do not submit your entry until you have all the information below. Please note, this form can be saved.
- Age of animal at the time of slaughter
- Sex of animal.
- Breed of animal, including crossbreeds, eg. Limousin
- Predominant feed regime of animal, eg. at least 90% grain-fed or grass-fed, and whether the animal was finished on an alternate feed regime to the predominant
- Date of slaughter
- Location and name of the farm where the animal was bred/reared
- Slaughterhouse where processed and if different, the name of the cutting plant where the loin(s) were cut
- Maturation method and time (hanging, vacuum packing)
- Information relevant to supporting the entry of up to 200 words